In the Words of Candi Vega

The Candi Vega Blog

Saturday, July 01, 2006

Corinne Bailey Rae

Earlier this week on the Tonight Show, hosted by Jay Leno, the British artist, Corinne Bailey Rae performed. At first I wasn't very impressed by her vocals. They seemed amateurish and I couldn't understand any of the words she sang besides, "Girl, put your records on...let your hair down." As the song progressed, her smile widened and I started getting into the song, which she ended up nailing in the end. The music was catchy, but not catchy enough for me to remember it days later. However, I did recognize her face on MSN, something I'm glad about.

When I saw the link to her MSN music page, I thought I'd give her another try. Maybe the sound on Leno was bad that night or maybe she was nervous. I found that the record wasn't too shabby. I understood the words on the recording a lot better than her live performance, and "Put Your Records On" is a pretty good, fun song.

If you like a British singer who actually sounds British and enjoy hearing a pure, girly but soulful voice, give Corinne Bailey Rae a listen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home